Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Logic Pro X not recording from usb mixer

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Jason Lib, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Jason Lib

Jason Lib New Member

Okay so I've been using a shitty m-audio interface and just got a newer behringer xenix x1622 usb mixer for free so I decided to start using this. I've been watching videos on youtube about it and recording from it and for some reason I can't seem to record anything vocal wise. Logic picks up the signal but it's super low and when I try to record, nothing. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm new to mixers so it's probably something so stupid but I can't figure it out.
  3. Alan F

Alan F New Member

H Jason
    Is the USB cable connected properly? If so...
    Open...MAC (Apple symbol) - System Preferences - Sound. Can you seen and highlight your mixer on both Output and Input tabs?
    Then open Logic - go to top left "Logic" drop down to Preferences > Audio... And you again should be able to select your mixer for both input and output.

hope this helps

4. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Forgive me if this is something obvious that you already know, but if you're using a microphone that requires 48v Phantom power, you have to switch on the Phantom power switch on the back of the mixer or you'll get symptoms like you've described. HTH