1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Pro X - The Details, new book

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by EdgarRothermich, Jan 12, 2015.

1. EdgarRothermich

EdgarRothermich Senior member

My new book "Logic Pro X - The Details" from the bestselling Graphically Enhanced Manuals (GEM) series is finally available. It is the follow-up book of my "Logic Pro X - How it Works" manual. With 660 pages, this is the first time that even beginners and intermediate Logic users can explore and learn the more advanced features in Logic due to that easy to understand, visual approach of this manual.

[​IMG]
    http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals

If you are not familiar with my unique style of writing manuals, check out the screenshots for that book on my website:
    http://DingDingMusic.com/DingDing/LPX2.html

Here are the short descriptions of the 18 chapters:
    1 - Introduction:
    2 - Workflow: The most important and most underrated topic when using Logic is how to use it efficiently. That's why I start the book with that chapter.
    3 - Advanced Editing: To really become a Logic "Pro-user", you need all the available editing tools on your Logic tool belt.
    4 - Flex Introduction: Finally, Audio Regions have the same freedom when it comes to editing as their MIDI Region counterparts.
    5 - Flex Time: No time restrictions for Audio Regions anymore. No matter what tempo an audio file was recorded in, you can change it and even quantize it.
    6 - Flex Pitch: If you ever wanted to change the pitch information in Audio Regions but couldn't afford the Melodyne app or couldn't (under-)stand it, then Logic has the most easy to use tool for you.
    7 - Browsers: The three Browsers in Logic don't get the same respect from their users. Either they frown upon Apple Loops or don't know what to do with the Media Browser in the first - now you will.
    8 - Audio File Management: The problem with having a lot of stuff is how to manage that stuff. This is also true for all the Logic related files. You better learn how to manage them before you start to lose them.
    9 - Advanced Audio: There is much more to Audio in Logic that meets the eyes. I dive into all those pro features Logic has to offer to show you what is going on under the hood.
    10 - Advanced MIDI: You can also advance your knowledge about the MIDI features in Logic, in addition to its audio features.
    11 - Automation: Find out everything about Automation in Logic Pro, both Automations (yes there are two) and there are hidden secrets too.
    12 - Music Notation: There are applications just for music notation. With Logic, that is included. No matter if you want to print out a single melody or an entire orchestral score - you can do it.
    13 - Tempo & Time: Tempo and Time seems to be easy topics on the outside. But be warned, this chapter goes deep, where no other manual has gone before.
    14 - Working to Picture: Logic is the best and most popular DAW when it comes to scoring to picture. Learn all the stuff you need to know - to do exactly that.
    15 - Synchronization: If you made it through the Tempo & Time chapter, then this one is the right chapter for you with lots of information beyond Logic.
    16 - The Environment: The scariest place in Logic, sending shivers down the spine of most Logic users - unless you know your way around … then all of a sudden it becomes the most powerful place in Logic.
    17 - Surround Sound: If two speakers are not enough to do your Project good, then it's time to move up to the world of Surround Sound.
    18 - Control Surfaces: Logic will also surrender to outside powers. Learn how to use and setup those devices, no matter if it is just a single Mod Wheel, or a fully equipped Control Surface.

Thanks for your interest,