1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Logic Pro X with Vienna Ensemble Pro 5

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by bobcho, Jul 1, 2015.

1. bobcho

bobcho New Member

Hi,

I'm using Logic Pro X and VEP5 on separate computers.

Some instruments allow for dragging midi into the arrange window, but since I am using my instruments on a different computer than Logic, there is no DAW in which to drag the midi into.

Does anyone have a solution other than running the instrument (and preset) in VEP and Logic at the same time and just grabbing the midi in Logic once I find the preset I want to use in VEP. Hope this makes sense.

I appreciate any help or suggestions I can get!!
    Cobb

3. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

Depends on what instruments you're running. Spectrasonics RMX for example also allows dragging the MIDI onto the desktop. From there, assuming you're networked to your 2nd computer, you can send the MIDI file across.

4. bobcho

bobcho New Member

Thank Colin!!! I'll give that a try.
    Cobb

5. what I do, and I hope doesn't sound dumb, is to use dropbox. I drag the midi file from Stylus directly to a folder in dropbox, and shows up on the other computer.

6. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

I've never used VEP. But I have used Dropbox to shuffle templates, presets, patches, etc, from one system to another.
    It's a smart solution.:thmbup: