1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Pro X/Yosemite "disk too slow" error

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by rlimeres, Nov 9, 2014.

1. rlimeres

rlimeres New Member

I am stopped cold and unable to continue a recording session, since upgrading to Yosemite.
    Upon playback, I get a "disk too slow and system overload" error that stops the playback.
    computer: Mac Pro early 2008 w/2 2.8 Quad Core Processors running 10.10 Yosemite, 14 GB RAM ,Nvidia Ge Force GT 120 graphics card.

There are only (2) tracks with anything going on on this new project .
    The session is playing a MIDI instance of Addictive Drums on one track, and I am accompanying it on another track live with a Logic Steinway piano being played on a Korg keyboard connected with a MOTU Fastlane USB.
    I had no issues whatsoever with this same project/configuration with the previous
    OS (Mavericks).
    Completely shut down and frustrated.

3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

Sorry to hear you're out of commission. This is why you need to keep a test partition, and never take it for granted that everything will work, particularly with a major upgrade.

If for some reason you can't keep a test partition, you need a backup that can be used to restore your system to a previous state when these things happen.

4. michaelo

michaelo LUG Emeritus

Less likely to be Yosemite IMO. That error is often the fore runner of a drive failure. Probably a coincidence that it happened after an update. I have the same machine as you and it's running fine with Yosemite.

5. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

Or, the system is rebuiiding the Spotlight index

6. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

How much free space on your system drive?

:confused:

7. rlimeres

rlimeres New Member

Capacity 320 GB
    Available : 177 GB

8. willnubu

willnubu Senior member

It may be the Fastlane midi interface. It may not be Yosemite ready. I don't see a update for Yosemite.

9. rlimeres

rlimeres New Member

Ran a complete TechTool Pro 7 analysis of the system and drives, everything checks out ok,(in reference to Michaelo's hypothesis of a drive about to fail), will research the Fastlane possibility, thanks for the input ,fellas-

10. marlonoreilly

marlonoreilly New Member

I was having a hell of a time bouncing certain instrument stems for a drummer in LA to do tracks for me. OMG! Anyway... I tried everything and the thing that changed it all was just changing the folder I was bouncing it into. I put the location to "Documents" and it worked like a hot damn! Not sure if it will help anyone else but....