Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Logic projects maxing out CPU

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Synthsensation, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Synthsensation

Synthsensation New Member

I have an interesting problem in Logic 9, where the CPU meter in Logic is redlining and causing audio crackles and pops. The Activity Monitor indicates things are running at 50-60% CPU capacity. I'm perplexed :/
    All other apps are closed and I freeze as many tracks as possible while working.
    Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance :)
  3. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

Hi, these are typical buffer type problems, have you tried going to preferences->audio and increasing the buffer size?
  4. Synthsensation

Synthsensation New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. It was one of the first things I tried, but to no avail. It looks like my CPU logicboard is starting to fail as indicated by a hardware test I just did, so I guess that must be the culprit responsible for the strange behaviour.
  5. charlie

charlie Senior member

Could it be a memory leak from a faulty plug-in?
    HoRnet's Gain VU Meter (v2.0) needed an immediate patch a few weeks ago because it had a glitch which caused a memory leak (crackling audio, spiking Logic CPU and constant stuttering.)
    The patch fixed it and everything played fine after that.

Review whatever Plugs you have and then try starting up your project with all Plugs off (holding down the Alt/Opt key I believe,) and see if the issue still happens.

Good Luck!:hippy: