1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Logic taking longer to do offline bounce with certain plugin settings

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by daveyboy, Jul 29, 2011.

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Logic is taking much longer to do a mix via off line bounce than real time. It must have to do with some of the plugins I'm using and how I have the plugins set up. For example, I'm using "The Glue" compressor set for 2x oversampling and the Slate VCC set for 8x oversampling at mixdown. My guess is that it's because of these settings things just take longer. I'm mixing a song right now that's a little under 5 minutes and it's taken 9 minutes to bounce. Does sound correct? I'll have to turn off these features and run it again "for fun" just to make sure.

update: I set the VCC plugin to no oversampling and rebounced the same song. This time it clocked in at around 3:43 for the bounce. So there ya go. I've answered my own post! Feel free to delete it unless you think it might be useful for someone else.

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Logic may indeed take longer to process an offline bounce than is the case with real time, and the bigger the project, the more obvious this becomes. This is because an offline bounce can only be handled by a singe core, meaning in the worst case, only around 8% of the processing power of the computer is being used. Realtime bouncing has no such restriction. It is a long standing wish of many of us that the workload of an offline bounce can be divided amongst all available cores. As I understand it, this is anything but trivial to implement, perhaps even technically not possible.

kind regards

Mark