1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Logic X running slow on Mac

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by moniz, Jul 6, 2015.

1. moniz

moniz New Member

Hi,

I upgraded my Mac to a brand new iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014). 4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 32 Gig Ram, 3 terabit hybrid memory working with apple 27 in monitor attached with thunderbolt cabe. It comes with pre install Yosemite which i update as soon as any update is available. My main DAW on this computer is Logic X (10.1.1), uptodated. But i am haveing problem running Logic x smoothly. It takes long time to start project, some time creating new track takes long time, quite often colored beach ball comes for no reason and stays for exteneded peroiod of time. Once in a while logic crashes by just attemting to create new software instrument track. I appears it is slower then my MBP from 2011 with 8 Gig RAM and one terabit HD. I have done usual tricks like runing Disc permissions, cleaning extra files using Onyx ect. I don't have too many applications runinng on start up.

Any suggestion or remidy for this problem.

moniz

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Hello,

You certainly have a dream machine!
    With those specs, you should not be having any performance issues.

What is the performance like if you disconnect the second monitor?

Do you live near an Apple Store where it could be inspected?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  4. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

5. moniz

moniz New Member

Thank you CSeye for looking into it. I will try disconnecting the second monitor and see if things are better. I do have Apple store close by and perhaps i should have them run the diagnostics anyway. Is there any way we can check the computer performance in a objective way? Like you measure the hard drive speed and net work performance down load and up load speed.
    Automatic Graphic Switching option is not available on my System preference Energy Saving tab. I belive it is available only on Laptops.

moniz

6. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Applications folder>Utilities>Activity Monitor.

An appointment with the Apple Store is still the best recommendation.