Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X 'System Overload message'

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Damian Clarkson, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Damian Clarkson

Damian Clarkson New Member

Hi,
    I'm currently using Logic 9 and am considering and for quite a while now have been battling with the 'Disk is too slow or System Overload.
    (-10010)' error message. I've come to the conclusion that it is something in the program, some kind of processing fault, as I will get the message in countless different scenarios. For example I will get the message in a completely un processed session with only 8 or so tracks, but then will not get it in a session with 16 tracks and plug ins on 10 channels.There is no consistency to the problem and I've been back and forth with Mac people and through countless forums for months trying to get to the bottom of the problem with no luck.
    So my question is, have people who have upgraded to Logic X experienced this error message and under what conditions? As this is totally destroying my work flow and I need to decide whether to ditch Logic all together, as I've tested then same sessions in other programs, Reaper, Adobe Audition, Pro Tools and they have run without an issue, or if an upgrade might solve the issue.
    Thanks, Damian

3. Roger Jackson

Roger Jackson Member

I've had this too with 9 despite having upgraded to 16GB memory and SSD.
    Haven't used X enough to see if it's the same.

Roger Jackson
    Film Music
    Oxford

4. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Damian: I had similar problems with 9 and there are various comments hereabouts, as well as links to Apple and other pages regarding allocation of cores.
    Shortly before I upped to X, I made sure that I did not have a software instrument selected, and I increased the process buffer size, and things seemed to staedy, but my evaluation period was short.
    So far, with the same project, X hasn't given me problems ( although again, short evaluation time)

pete

5. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

Like others I'm not %100 it's sorted but after upgrading I haven't had any issues with this (touch wood!)

6. michaelo

michaelo LUG Emeritus

I've had this well known 9 problem using Logic Pro X now too I'm afraid. Wild cpu spikes, continual stoppages all through songs (mostly overload). When it stops I will often roll back a few bars and play that bit again and its fine. The cpu will show low usage again then suddenly 7 cores will spike wildly to the ceiling and stop the show.Seems to be no way to prevent it.There is no continuity to it, thats the problem making it hard to pinpoint a cause.

7. marlonoreilly

marlonoreilly New Member

I was having a hell of a time bouncing certain instrument stems for a drummer in LA to do tracks for me. OMG! Anyway... I tried everything and the thing that changed it all was just changing the folder I was bouncing it into. I put the location to "Documents" and it worked like a hot damn! Not sure if it will help anyone else but....

8. kingdata

kingdata New Member

Logic x system over load message

I am constantly receiving this message system overload, The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time. I have a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3,iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) running logic 10.1.1. This is making me sick to the stomach. Love the design of the program. It just needs to work as intended.

9. threeheavens

threeheavens New Member

@kingdata,
    are you recording to an external drive 7500speed?
    buffer set at 128 or higher...just a thought.