1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Logic X to Logic X track export

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by ProgAndy, Oct 29, 2015.

1. ProgAndy

ProgAndy New Member

Hi All.
    I am new to Logic.
    I searched the forum and the net without result. I apologize if this has been asked before.

We are working remotely on the same project, same time map same guide tracks.

I'd like to record eg a new bass track and send it to my friend. I have found many ways to export for other DAW SW (Cubase, PT, Live,...) however I haven't found a way to export a single track in a Logic X proprietary format.

Currently I export it as wav 48KHz/24bit from bar one on my Logic X, and my friends imports it that way on his Logic X.

In Cubase there was a function called "track archive" that could be exported and imported with all regions, settings, plugs,...

Maybe I'm just looking for the wrong term, as some functions on different DAWs have simply different names.

Thank you very much for your support.

Andy

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

There is a "freeze" function inLogic that generates a 32 bit audio file. But the way you are doing it, exporting a track as an audio file, is the simplest most direct way.

Another option is to send him your logic project, and have him use the Import feature in the Browser. That way he can import that specific track into his project. You don't say if your bass part is recorded as midi or audio. If midi, and you want to keep it as midi, the track import option could work very nicely. If it is audio, I would stick with the track export. Unless it's important to preserve all the region definitions, in which case the track import function in the browser will do the trick for you.

4. EdgarRothermich

EdgarRothermich Senior member