1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic & Yosemite

Discussion in 'Mac OS' started by willnubu, Oct 17, 2014.

1. willnubu

willnubu Senior member

If anyone decide to mess with their current setup and plunge into Yosemite, Please tell me if Logic Pro 9 works (under 32 bit mode) with Quicktime synthesizer being used in External MIDI and if the DLSMusicDevice works properly in it.

3. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

Updated to OSX Yosemite. So far, so good. Logic Pro fine, connecting VE Pro on both my PC with Remote Desktop Connection for Mac and on my Mac, fine; RME driver, fine. UAD card, fine;

Only thing I hate is no more Bookmarks Bar in Safari, it works like Safari works on an iPad or iPhone.

4. willnubu

willnubu Senior member

What about using the QuickTime synthesizer through the External MIDI in Logic Pro 9 (under 32 bit mode)?

5. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

I have not gone near 32 bit anything in two years and don't care to.

6. willnubu

willnubu Senior member

Only reason I still use logic 9 in 32 bit mode is for the QuickTime synthesizer. Can't use it in 64 bit mode.

7. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

Turn it on in the View menu.

8. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

Yeah, I figured that out. Now they call it the Favorites Bar.

9. campbell2002

campbell2002 New Member

I jumped to yosemite a couple days ago. So far no problems. Only hitch was I had to download new firmware and software for my apogee quartet. Easy.

10. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

Anyone tried installing Logic 9 in a new Yosemite partition? I'm getting a crash after entering the SN.