Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Studio apps Looking for help to set up Mainstage for upcoming musical

Discussion in 'MainStage' started by 450park, Jan 5, 2012.

1. 450park

450park New Member

While I am a very good keyboard player, I am completely new to music software. I just purchased Logic Pro 9 (v9.1.5) and Mainstage (v2.1.3). My main keyboard is a Motif XS8. I was asked to play the music for one of my daughters' musicals in early February, and will need to be able to change sounds very quickly. I purchased Mainstage based on reading some reviews, but with a day job, I have not had enough time to learn how to set it up properly - and it has been a great challenge for me (although I hope to learn the software in the future without time pressure). Ideally, I would like to use Mainstage to control 3 keyboards.

I know this is probably a lame request -- but if anyone knows of an expert who would be willing to set up the patch lists/sounds that I would need in Mainstage to control my keyboard setup for an upcoming musical, please let me know. Obviously I would be willing to pay an appropriate fee to do so successfully.

3. bsweat0914

bsweat0914 New Member

I am doing the same thing for an upcoming musical. Do you want to send program changes for each song? Is it just piano or are you playing a keyboard string part? It's a simple matter to send program changes to all of your keyboards. Set each keyboard to a different midi channel. Do you understand about midi? Let me know more detail about the musical and I will try to help. I played Broadway and Arena type shows professionally for 20 years, so I know a little bit. My experience was before midi, but I've done a lot with midi since then
  4. bsweat0914

bsweat0914 New Member

Oops, I jst noticed the date of your request. Sorry. I'm probably too late.