1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Loop folder management

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by peterlemer, Jun 30, 2011.

1. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

As part of moving to a new mac, I reorganised my sample files and simply dragged my loops folder onto my main drive. No real logic to this - it's just temporary while I reorganise everything.

So when I opened a logic song, there were very few loops in the bin.

I went online and learnt that in order to get my extensive loops library into the bin all I need do is drag the apple Loops folder onto the bin.

This worked fine but - whereas previously my loops were in collections, now they are simply in one big list.

1. How do I clear my bin of loops and re-enter them in their original collections?

eg.
    Apple Loops for GarageBand
    Apple Loops for Soundtrack Pro
    Jam Pack Voices etc?

pete

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

If they were in a parent folder and you dragged that in, that may be the problem. Try selecting the individual folders and drag and drop (you do have them in the Jam Pack folders, correct?)

4. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Thanks, Doug, on opening Logic today, all the loops have sorted themselves into folders!

Problem solved, though a bit puzzling

never mind - I'm back on tracks :)

pete

5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Great news!

There is something to be said about restarting Logic, even the computer to get rid of odd behavior.