1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loop Recording with "Create Take Folders" doesn't mute the previous take? How to?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by LowMidHigh, Nov 13, 2014.

1. LowMidHigh

LowMidHigh New Member

When trying to record midi in cycle mode using the setting "Create Take Folders", sometimes it will mute the previous take and sometimes it will play the previous take on top of the new take.

The preferred behavior for my workflow would be for it to mute the previous take while recording the new take everytime.

The behavior seems inconsistent. Sometimes it will work the way I want, but a lot of times it will still play the previous take while I'm trying to record the new take. If this happens I have to stop, delete, and re-record, and then sometimes it will work properly and mute the previous take right afterwards even though I didn't change anything.

Does anyone know what's up with this? Is it a bug? Is it supposed to mute or is it supposed to play the previous take in certain situations?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks