1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Lost Backup?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by sus4, Feb 29, 2016.

1. sus4

sus4 Member

Cannot find a song I've been working on for two weeks in Logic Pro X. This is completely strange. I'm always hitting save. I looked in my latest Time Machine back up and it's not there. I put a lot of time and work into this arrangement and can't find it. Has this ever happened to any one before? I typed the title in Spotlight and it doesn't come up either. When I open Logic and go to Recent Events, where all my other arrangements are listed, it's not there either.
    HELP.

3. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Could you have been working in an alternative and didn't realize it? Open the last couple projects up in recent and check those alternatives to see if possibly is that is the issue.
    I assumed you already checked your trash just in case you accidentally deleted it... But if it's not in time machine... Alternatives would be a consideration

4. sus4

sus4 Member

5. sus4

sus4 Member

Lolovicg you were right. I accidentally put it in the trash. WOW. Don't know why but there was a folder on my desktop that said Logic Express and it was in there and I put that in the trash. So now I have this folder in my desktop and when I open Logic Pro X the arrangement is in there, if I put that folder back into trash it won't be in Logic Pro X...don't understand that. Is there a way of getting rid of that folder on my desktop and still keep the arrangement in Logic Pro X?

6. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Yea just load the arrangement and save it to a new location where you want it... Then you can delete the folder.... But don't just empty your trash just yet until all is ok - see how useful it can be :)

7. sus4

sus4 Member

Thanks so much for your help. I did what you just suggested and I emptied the trash and all is good.
    Thanks again.