1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Lost Grid in Piano Roll...

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by mDay, May 1, 2009.

1. mDay

mDay Member

after a relatively painless transition to my new 8-core 2.8GHz from an older G5 and from Tiger to Leopard, i seemed to have lost the ability to see the grid in the Piano Roll; however, the grid appears fine in the Arrange. hmmm? i tried assigning the "grid" key command to no avail, and also trashed the preferences to no avail. any suggestions? does anyone else have this problem? thanks in advance!
  3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Try changing the piano roll preferences?

Go piano roll local menu view>piano roll colors. Tweak those and see if it makes a difference.
  4. mDay

mDay Member

okay....i finally figured it out. haha at the bottom of the Piano Roll colors preference menu are 3 sliders for percentage of how dark you want the divisionary lines for bar beat and division to be....all mine mysteriously got set to 0%!!! i never knew this was a preference...nor did i know that you could purposely "dot" those lines as a preference too. :D thanks and sorry for the haste post!
  5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

You're welcome - glad the tip worked. Now you can get back to making music!