1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Lost sample files

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by drbrad98, Jan 6, 2013.

1. drbrad98

drbrad98 New Member

I posted to an earlier thread but didn't get a response: Since migrating Logic 9 from old iMac to new iMac, the Logic drum samples appear to be lost. I actually removed Logic (originally installed from discs as Logic 8, then upgraded by discs to Logic 9 a couple years ago), and downloaded it from the App Store, which didn't fix the problem. In response to a suggestion to someone who seems to have had the same problem, I downloaded both the essential and additional content from within Logic, and unhid my user library with Lion Tweaks. Nothing seems to have made a difference. Does anyone have any suggestions?

3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

Are you sure it's actual Logic content? or is it really GarageBand content?

If you still have your original hard drive or a back up, you can drag and drop the missing instruments into the EXS instrument, and samples folders.
  4. drbrad98

drbrad98 New Member

I guess I'm not actually sure if it's Logic or GB content, but it's what comes up as the library in Logic, and it seems to be only the drum samples--e.g. Studio Tight Kit. I don't have my original HD or backup, but I do have my original Logic 9 discs.
  5. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

I seem to remember that there was an issue with Logic 9 not installing some of the older samples unless you checked "Legacy content" (or some similar term) during installation. Try loading your original Logic 9 discs and seeing if it allows you to install only the Legacy content, and you might get it back..?
  6. drbrad98

drbrad98 New Member

I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestion.