Logic Pro 9 Lost today's work by saving

grr88

Logician
EDIT: All is well now. I had saved to a stray folder and not my project folder.
Here's one time when Spotlight really was useful!

Please disregard everything below.
Thanks,
-grr88

Logic 9.1.6
OS 10.7.3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had been working on a piece which had a bridge which wasn't suited to this particular piece so I saved my work by hitting "Save" and then "Saved As" another Project.

Deleted everything but the bridge and closed and saved.

When I opened the project I'd worked on all day it was exactly as it had been at 9:00 am this morning! None of today's work had saved.
Making matters worse, the new project had NO undo history.

This is new since upgrading to Lion.
Never had a problem saving in Snow Leopard.

Anyone have any ideas besides Time Machine which last backed up last night?
I tried the auto-saved files in the project folder but they are the same as what I had this morning.
8 hours I don't mind - I doubt I can do it over again creatively.

Thanks,
An old LUG member from many years ago. Registered again after drifting away.
-grr88

Did you double check your "music " folder in your user library? Logic defaults to there and you might have put it there by accident.

I haven't heard this happen before, and I deal with about 30 to 35 Logic people on a pretty regular basis. Have you done a search for the file name, checked the undo files, looked into the used music or docs folder (Places that it might get put to accidentally)? The Logic recent songs list in the open menu?

Addition: just read your positive solution on the list after answering your email only. I'm posting this for any one else who might have this happen to them, just for some ideas on how to resolve it.

Upvote 0
Back