Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Studio apps Mainstage 2.1.2 Released

Discussion in 'MainStage' started by Markdvc, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

3. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson Senior member

Nice one. Let's hope some of the performance flakiness in addressed.

Downloading now...

4. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Something in particular for users of Macs with i5 and i7 CPUs to note from the Apple KB:

kind regards

Mark

5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

I'd like to hear of any good news (or bad news too). Please feel free to report back. Thanks.

6. Robert Wilson

I won't get a chance to test it until Sunday but will let you know if I notice any differences.

7. Robert Wilson

OK, I just spent two hours playing about with my existing concert and the latest version seems to play as nice as the previous.
    I still get apparently random CPU spikes but one thing which has given me cautious optimism is that my Ultrabeat loops continued to work after a CPU spike. In 2.0.1 a CPU spike would render my UB loops silent (although they would still appear to be triggering graphically).
    I don't want to count my chickens but this could be a real improvement if it is indeed the case.

We have a rehearsal tomorrow night so I'll get a better idea then.

Fingers crossed.

8. Doug Zangar

Thanks for update. I've got no gigs requiring MainStage until December so I won't be firing it up much before then. Was curious to see if there was any noticeable improvements. Are you running 10.6.5?

9. Robert Wilson

No, still on 10.5.8.

10. Doug Zangar

So I moved over to 10.6.x recently on my laptop - hoping with 10.6.5 there might some improvements as well. Again, won't look into this for another week or so. I'll post as well.