Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Studio apps Mainstage 2 - playing back a midi file?

Discussion in 'MainStage' started by Madtux, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Madtux

Madtux New Member

I have created a wonderful template that has several backing tracks (click, synths, bass, etc.) and also has two synth controllers with various settings and synths for each song. It works well, live it is stable, it works for me.

I have recently wanted to add a track of midi notes/events to play back in sync with the backing tracks and send that to an AU VST that can control DMX lighting events so they are all in sync with the song. Is there a way to have a midi track playing as a backing track or will I have to go back to Logic and run my sequences from there and have mainstage running seperatley for my synth setup?

Thanks for any help

Madtux

3. Madtux

Madtux New Member

Sorry all, I just read down a little further seeing that I won't be able to do this as MS doesn't playback midi tracks. Oh well. Hopefully in an update. In the meantime I'll be trying to synch MS to another computer that can run midi.

4. Pitk

Pitk New Member

Why don't you just record MIDI-music with Logic Pro and use Playback plugin in MS?

5. lionsrest

lionsrest New Member

AFAIK, Playback plugin only plays AIFF files. There's a LOT of ppl hoping it will someday play a MIDI file. Or, do you know some trick/technique to make it play a MIDI file?:confused:

6. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

A little misleading. You can use .wav or .caf as well.

7. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

This could help,I got that after googling MIDI AU plugin

Try this:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/retroware/midiO.zip

midiO version 1.3

Download midiO, an Audio Unit plugin for DAWs such as GarageBand that don't support MIDI output. This plugin allows one to drive a MIDI based synthesizer from any DAW that supports software instrument Audio Units.

Version 1.3, posted on 9/20/06: Passes AU validation under 10.6. Can generate program and bank change messages.

As always, comments, bug reports, feature requests etc. will be happily fielded at retroware@verizon.net.

There would also be Plogue Bidule...