Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Studio apps Mainstage and RME Totalmix FX

Discussion in 'MainStage' started by Kiwi Kris, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Kiwi Kris

Kiwi Kris New Member

Hi There

I have just purchased an RME UFX Fireface and just wondering if anyone knows how to Map Mainstage to the Software channels, and I also use ITunes in my breaks and would need to have iTunes going to a different set of software channels as well.

I seem to be able to only get on input happening no matter what I'm using, so I'm sure it's just a simple mapping fix

Thanks in advance
  3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Only one input? Sounds as if you haven't set the audio interface in Mainstage. Look at the menu Mainstage—>Preferences—>Audio and set the Fireface as input and output device. If you prefer "System Setting", use that and set the Fireface in the Mac's sound preference panel.

I think the easiest way is not to use outputs 1-2 for Mainstage but rather leave them to iTunes and other applications. Mainstage outputs would be from 3-4 upwards then.
  4. Kiwi Kris

Kiwi Kris New Member

Hi Peter
    Thanks for your reply. I thought I had done all you suggested but re-checked anyway. Still no luck. My Mainstage or iTunes will only seem to play back on channel 1/2 on totalmix software playback.

I am trying to use the RME as a standalone mixer. In Mainstage I'm only using playback with Drums to the left and Bass to the right. iTunes is for my breaks. Obviously all outputs will be going to main 1/2 out to the speakers and amps etc. It would be nice to be able to EQ etc each channel.
  5. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

So I assume that your interface channels are available. Now you have to create output channelstrips in Mainstage, otherwise you have only output 1-2. Unfortunately there is no "create output" command available, for whatever reason. But if you select another output on a channelstrip, a new output channel gets automatically created on Concert level.
    By the way, the menu "Change All" let's you change all outputs for the whole Concert at once.

I don't know how to set another the output for iTunes so I would simply set Mainstage to outputs other than 1-2. You can send the Mainstage audio to a couple of other outputs and mix everything in Totalmix to the outputs where your speakers or PA are connected.
  6. Kiwi Kris

Kiwi Kris New Member

Will try this during the weekend and fingers crossed, but it looks like a good idea.
    Cheers Kris
  7. Kiwi Kris

Kiwi Kris New Member

Hi There
    Well I tried sending the outputs in Mainstage to different outputs, and that worked great. They came up as they should in 3/4 but then when I played iTunes that came through the same outputs again (3/4). I just can't seem to differentiate them from each other. It's as if all stuff in Computer only goes to one pair of outputs no matter which I choose ????