Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Studio apps MainStage Backup System live

Discussion in 'MainStage' started by Uwe Rodi, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Uwe Rodi

Uwe Rodi Member

I'm planning to create a backup system for live playing with MainStage.
    What I have:

• 2 macbook pro with audio interfaces on both running the same MainStage concert.
    • 2 midi keyboards
    • 2 expression pedals connected to an eowave foot control (USB out) (On tour I sometimes get different keyboards so the eowave let me use the EPeds with any keyboard)
    What I want to do:
    • I want to send the midi signals from both keyboards to both computers. So in case of a fault on one computer I can switch to the other.
    • when I select a patch MainStage 1 (MBP1) it should also be selected in MainStage 2 (MBP2)
    My thoughts about it:
    • First the midi things:
      • I need a midi through box with 2I and 4O (couldn't find one but I could use 2 Miditech Midi Thru/Filter)
      • the problem now is the patch changing on the MBP2. I normaly change the patches directly on the MBP1.
      • I need a usb split for the foot control. Don't know if something like that is available. I only found KVM switches.
      • Maybe a iConnectmidi 4+ could do the job? Does anyone have experience with this device?
    • Second the audio things:
      • I need an audio switch with 4 audio In and 2 audio out. Any recommendation for this?
  3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Or a 2/1 Merge Box and a 1/4 Thru Box in series.

You got to select your patches by MIDI: Program Changes to both MBPs.

Mhmm ... I am afraid splitting ist not possible, I guess the two computers would see each other, which they won't like. There are USB switches available, for example from IOGEAR.

Together with the patch selection via MIDI it may be a better idea to think about a MIDI foot controller with buttons and a pedal.

Not sure what you mean, probably two of these boards can do it: Audio Input Selector Relay Board. They are cascadable, you can use one power supply and one rotary switch for both boards. They would switch one of two balanced stereo audio lines to one balanced stereo output. This can be called 4in/2out but I don't know if this is what you want.