Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Studio apps Mainstage: Expression and CC#11

Discussion in 'MainStage' started by oortone, Jun 15, 2010.

1. oortone

oortone Member

1. Is the "Expression" control (responding to CC#11) on the channelstrips meant for controlling volume solely? Find it a bit strange, why two volume controls?

2. Can it be removed somehow? I have a plugin which correspond to CC#11 but because of the expression control it never reaches the plugin.

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

1) No, and yes it is a bit strange having (by default) two volume controls on a channel strip.

2) Yes. You can break the mapping in Layout mode by going to MIDI thru and select Do Not Pass Thru. Alternately/additionally, you can re-map the control in Edit mode

4. oortone

oortone Member

Ah yes, but that won't pass cc#11 to my plugin.
    So I guess the only way is to use a controller assignment for that parameter?

5. Doug Zangar

The cc11 is passed through if you map the screen control to the plug-in parameter of your choice. Is this not what you want to do?

6. oortone

oortone Member

No, I'd rather have a clean midi-cc chain directly to the plugin. That way I can put any plug in on any channel I want without any further adjustments. No screen controls needed. Of course that only works with plugins that respond to CC directly.

Anyway, it seems I'll have to map CC#11. I can live with that. Just wanted to make sure.

7. Doug Zangar

Glad you can live it ;)

Maybe in MainStage 3.......