Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Making EXS24 edits local

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by oortone, Nov 16, 2010.

1. oortone

oortone Member

Is there an easy way to make edits in a EXS24-instrument local to the current song?

From the Insrument Editor there's always the possibility to do "save as..." - then find the path to the current song - then create a new "Sampler Instruments" folder - then save the instrument to that folder - then re-select the newly created instruments.

Those are a lot of steps.
    Maybe I've missed a quicker way to do this.
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

If you include EXS 24 instruments (and samples optionally) in your project assets, Logic should do this all for you automatically.
  4. oortone

oortone Member

I'll check that when I get back to the studio.
  5. oortone

oortone Member

Tried bu I'm sorry I don't get it.
    - Working on a song with a EXS24 instrument from the Application Support folder.
    - Needs to edit the instrument but want to keep original as it is.

So I'm inside the instrument editor and have made some edits. Now I want to close the editor. I have checked the assets as you said. Can't see there's anything done automatically.
  6. Eli

Eli Senior member

If you've saved your project to include the EXS instruments and samples as assets, Logic shouldn't be using the instruments from the application folder in the project. It should be referencing the local copies in the project folder.

When you look in your project folder in the Finder, do you see sub folders named "sampler instruments" and "samples" within it? If not, try doing a "save as" command from within your existing project, and make sure the EXS assets are enabled. Then work from that "saved as" version and see if it references the proper copy of the instruments and samples.
  7. oortone

oortone Member

Yes, it's working now. I had to hit "save" for the whole Logic project to get the exs filed copied to the project folder automatically.