Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X match tempo

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by uncooked, Jun 11, 2016.

1. uncooked

uncooked New Member

New to this forum.
    How to I import and match the audio of an existing file to a new project with a different tempo?
    I have a project that is 93 bpm and I want to import a file that was recored at 83 bpm and I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks!

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

There area couple of ways. If I am reading this correctly you want your 83bpm file to play at 93. I am not at Logic right now so please forgive me if I'm not totally accurate

You either

1 import then stretch it it with time and pitch machine or just stretch the region

For time and pitch you go to the file editor and I think it is now under the functions menu. You enter the two tempos 83 in left hand side and 93 in right then process

To stretch the region you hold alt and then drag the the RH side of region to the correct length.

2 use flex on the track. To do this I think it is best to change tempo to 83 before import. Then once you have the audio on a track, change the track to flex in the inspector. Then change tempo back to 93 and you should be good to go