1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MC Control randoly selects tracks with Ext MIDI

Discussion in 'Euphonix' started by Novatlan, May 18, 2010.

1. Novatlan

Novatlan New Member

Hello!
    I am desperate. Euphonix say they cannot reproduce my problem and Apple doesn't care either.
    I can reproduce the issue with two different MC Controls on four different newly installed Macs.

Issue:
    When using External MIDI tracks connected to multi-instruments and pressing i.e. play on the Control or any key on a MIDI keyboard, the MC Control randomly banks to different tracks.

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Start Logic 8.0 to 9.1.1 in either 64bit or 32bit mode and have the Control switched on. Create a new project
    2) Create one Software Instrument track, uncheck multi-timbral
    3) Load any Audio Unit into this track, doesn't matter which.
    4) In the environment create a Mutlti-Instrument and activate all 16 channels. Cable it to the software-instrument
    5) In the Arrange create 16 External MIDI tracks (Track - New... - External MIDI). Make sure all tracks are assigned to the multi-instrument you just created.
    6) Repeat steps 2 to 5
    7) Save the project an ropen it
    8) Select any of the MIDI tracks and press play on the MC Control.
    The faders will randomly jump to 4 other tracks.

The more multi-instruments you have in your project, the higher the number of times this happens. Instead of hitting play you can also press any key on a MIDI keyboard.

I told Euphonix these steps, but they say the cannot reproduce it. I can on 4 macs with 2 different MC Controls.

So please, of you have a MC Control (or a MC Mix, maybe it happens there, too): Please, please, please try it out!!! This bug makes working so difficult and Euphonix and Apple just deny the problem.

Thanks!

Novatlan

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

I can confirm this behaviour, I also sent a report about it to Apple.

kind regards

Mark

4. Novatlan

Novatlan New Member

Thanks, Mark!
    Glad to hear that I am not (yet) gone insane and imagining bugs.

5. Xill

Xill New Member

Try to filter all midi messages in Logic and see if it helps.