Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Memory is getting low

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by tonocas, Feb 26, 2011.

1. tonocas

tonocas Member

While working in Logic 9.1.3 and Melodyne plugin, I am getting this message :'Memory is getting Low". Why. I have iMac 27" with 8 Gigs Ram. After a while Logic crashes. Any suggestions?

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Are you running Logic in 32 bit Mode, and if so, what happens in 64 bit Mode? Which OSX Version are you using?

kind regards

Mark

4. tonocas

tonocas Member

Mac OS 10.6.6 and Logic in 32 Bit mode

5. tonocas

tonocas Member

How do I really know if I'm using 32 or 64bit? In the Audio preferences I use 24 bit recording, thanks

6. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Select the Logic icon in the Applications folder, press Cmd + i to open the Info window. Make sure that "open in 32 bit mode" is unchecked. Logic will then start in 64 bit mode.

kind regards

Mark

7. tonocas

tonocas Member

Thanks Mark, I'll try and I will let you know

8. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

A suggestion: using Logic Pro is 64 bit mode means using the 32 bit bridge, so if you can, update all your plug-ins to the latest versions.

Also, after you install any new ones, the first time you start up, change back to 32 bit mode 1 time for them to be UA validated properly, then go back to the 64 bit mode, or they won't show up or work as expected.