Logic Pro 9 Metronome - can it default to permanently off?

Ashcraft

Firstly, thank you to those who solved my earlier question regarding saving patches. I am now hip to channel strip saves.

Another quick question: Is there a way to default the metronome to always off? I find that it defaults to on when starting new projects and recordings.

Thanks again in advance as I navigate the learning curve.

Thomas

You could create a template with it off and start your projects from that. That said, there is a key command to toggle it on/off. Takes under a second to do such.

Upvote 0
To add to Doug's comment: ALL project settings can be saved as a template, and these include MTC info, metronome, click sounds, what gets saved when you save, and you can even add a selection of tracks to start with, color them ahead of time for better organization, have thing preloaded.

I have a number of personal templates for different things:

1) a HD template where the SMPTE time code is 23.xx FPS rather than 30.
2) I have some for basic quick composing on an idea (I can boot logic, and boot up my writing template and be going in less than a minute, so I can actually catch ideas way after than if I didn't have a template for this).
3) I have a multitrack recording session with inputs and track names already assigned, so if I need to record in a band type of situation I'm ready to go.
4) I do professional mastering, so I have a basic startup template with my mastering path ready to go. I can load a 2 track mix and start mastering in about 2 minutes from Logics starting to boot up.

All these have sends set up for Reverbs, chorus, and delays, as well as headphones outputs/sends, and even subs for each instrument grouping (I mix in stems using sub groups) so I can get a mix up fast, and even print stems if required.

Be sure to check your PROJECT SETTINGS. The preferences under the Logic menu are system prefs, and project settings are specific to that template or project.

Upvote 0
Back