Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Metronome & quantize

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by ButchGTR, May 20, 2009.

1. ButchGTR

ButchGTR New Member

Is there a "EASY" way to to make the metronome click other than 1/4 notes.I've looked every where and I can't find this

on a related subject

I'm doing the sticking at the beginning of La Grange and no matter what quantize I set it to it comes out wack.I'm not playing it perfect but it shouldn't do what it's doing.(it won't play the 16 triplets)

Thanks
    Butch

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

As far as the customized click, why not just record a bar or two of the pattern you want - triggering a side stick or something - and just loop the region in the Arrange Window.

As far as the quantiing problem, it's hard to say without hearing the material involved. But for sixteenth note triplets, you'd probably want a value like 16&24 or maybe just a straight 1/24 if it's all triplets and no straight sixteenths.

4. zerobeat

zerobeat Senior member

Method 1:
    Change the time signature.

Method 2:
    In Metronome Settings, engage the "Division" portion of the metronome (the default is to only hear Bars and Beats for the click). The Division is the user-definable thing (which defaults to 1/16 notes). It can be changed in the Transport (right below Time Sig). This will also change the numerical significance of the 3rd time value in the Event List (where you see Bars, Beats, DIVISION, Ticks)

Method 3:
    Record your own click as a MIDI Region triggering, say, the Klopfgeist. This is most useful when you want to have the metronome start/stop when you want and automate the volume. For example, in a quiet passage of the song, I'll often automate the metronome's volume very quiet, so that bleed from the headphones (for microphone recordings) is inaudible.

5. ButchGTR

ButchGTR New Member

I was hoping Logic would have a function even my ancient decrepit SR16 has. :angryfire:

after trying all other options I changed the tempo and set to 1/48(thats like 32 note triplets sheeesh!!) and it came close enough to edit.Luckily it's the same pattern but because of the phrasing(the 16trips are pushed ) it gets wacky.This seems like a fault not a bug....maybe just me.:confused:

6. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

7. ButchGTR

ButchGTR New Member

8. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

9. ButchGTR

ButchGTR New Member

Yep Jay..... it was right there...bad day...bad week with Logic....:brkwl:

BP