Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MIDI Merging in MIDI Environment

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by 75frames, Jun 30, 2015.

1. 75frames

75frames New Member

Hi

I'm setting up a system for a client. He's running logic 9 as a MIDI hub and recording medium, and running lots of hardware synths and drum machines.
    For the drum machines, he occasionally triggers them from Logic or an MPC, and at other times just wants to clock them from Logic.
    Of course, that would be simple... However the clocking duties are to be done via a Inner Clock Systems Cynq Lock, which converts an audio stream from Logic into a sample accurate MIDI clock stream. (This means that Logic can't lock to the Cynq Lock clock stream itself)

So... What I need to do is to be able to merge an incoming clock stream to all of the output ports in the system.
    (He's running 3 cascaded Unitor 8s)
    ie. I plug the CynqLock into input port one, and the clock signal will be merged into all out ports.

Of course Logic is clocking internally, and NOT sending any MTC, or MIDI Clock to any ports itself)

I'm pretty sure this should be easy, but I've been caught out before.

Any pointers/help most appreciated

Bob
    (Occasional Logic User, Professional Synth restorer, and Studio Systems Tech)