Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midi Questions

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by HKC, Jan 19, 2014.

1. HKC

HKC Senior member

I have a couple of questions about midi.
    Why is it that midi is always replaced in Logic X. Before X you would have to select "replace" to do this, otherwise it would overdub.
    The other question is: When recording into a midi folder, how do I take one part from one track and a bit from another (like in audio). I can't seem to select just bits of a part. It's either everything or nothing.

All the Best
    HKC (now so busy that he can't find time to check the manual)

3. HKC

HKC Senior member

Hmm I can see that someone has previously also reported this, is it a bug......

4. HKC

HKC Senior member

Nobody answered so I did a little research. Apparently there's a bug where if "Draw" is set to "No Overlaps" it behaves like "Replace". Obviously the workaround is to set it to "Overlaps".
    As for the midi recording folder I have concluded that it simply doesn't work like the audio ones. It's not possible to take a bit from one take and a bit from another. Too bad that would have been great so maybe an idea for a future feature.

5. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

I assume you mean Snap. That is not fixing it here. What DOES fix it here when it occasionally happens is turning Replace on and then turning it off.

Also, do you have your recording setting set to Join with Selected Regions? If not, it may simply be hidden under the new region, not replaced.

6. HKC

HKC Senior member

I did mean draw but that is part of the snap menu. Turning replace off and on dif not help here

7. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

Look more closely. it says "drag" not "draw" :)

Anyway, sorry that fix is not working for you, it is here. Once again, are you sure the old region is not under the new region?

8. HKC

HKC Senior member

You are right of course. It started out as a typo and I just repeated it.
    Anyway it's not underneath but that's where it ought to be.
    Thanks for the input

9. HKC

HKC Senior member

I just started a new project and in that now the replace on/off suggestion works. It still a bug bug a minor one.

10. HKC

HKC Senior member

but a minor one....