1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 midi to audio

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by gtrdash, May 30, 2009.

1. gtrdash

gtrdash New Member

Ok I feel real dumb at this point , how do I render midi to audio in Logic ? Can I record say Omnisphere to audio live rather then creating a midi track ? I have been looking through the manual for hours and find no mention of either process.I appreciate any help you might give me.......!
  3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Solo the recorded midi regions, then bounce. See chapter 27 of the logic 8 user manual.

Not directly, you need to bounce it to audio.

kind regards

4. zerobeat

zerobeat Senior member

Route the Omnisphere Track to a BUS.

Change a stereo Audio Track's input to that same BUS.

Record Arm both the Omnisphere and Audio Track.

Shift-Click to select both these tracks and then you can RECORD.

You'll still be recording the MIDI (no choice, but why not?) but simultaneously recording as audio.

I never do this: I always record as MIDI first, confirm it's OK (maybe editing is needed?), and then render as audio later using Bounce. That render might even happen hours/days/weeks later when I actually need it to happen.
  5. gtrdash

gtrdash New Member

Thank You both ! I just moved to Mac from PC and was using Reaper which allows you to do either or with no pain . Sometimes I like to go right to audio especially with simple parts
    when an edit is usually not necessary . It may take me a while to think in Logic terms but the upgrade is a very big positive so I shouldn't complain . Thanks again ! ed
  6. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Ferenc, you are quite right of course.

I must admit to never having felt the need to do this, but of course it IS possible as you describe it :)

kind regards