Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Midi to software SYNTH

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by djqwikcut, Mar 3, 2013.

1. djqwikcut

djqwikcut New Member

Quick question.. I am trying to bring in a midi track into logic. Its in there and I want to then reassign the GM sounds to software synth sounds. When I go to reassign there are only 6 software synth choices. I have more then 6 tracks to assign to different sounds. How do I add more? I tried assigning more then one track to the same software synth but it changed the sound in both tracks.. I

Thanks ...

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Sounds like you created multi-timbral tracks for the Logic instruments in which case, changing the sound of one does change all of them. This is not what you want.

Instead, create as many SI tracks as you need but make sure Multi-Timbral is unchecked. Then individually insert the EXS24, ES2, Ultrabeat, etc. Drag the MIDI region(s) to SI track with the desired sound for each part.

Hopefully others will add to this to help you out.

4. djqwikcut

djqwikcut New Member

When I load the midi file it assigns gm voices. I then need to convert to si. What's best way?

5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

1. Create as many SI tracks as you need but make sure Multi-Timbral is unchecked for Logic's instruments.

2.Then individually insert the EXS24, ES2, Ultrabeat, etc.

3. Drag the MIDI region(s) on the External MIDI track (assigned to GM instruments) to SI track with the desired sound for each part.

Drag the drum part from the Ext MIDI track to the SI track with Ultrabeat or EXS24 loaded with a drum kit.

Drag the bass part to the SI track with the ES-M, or ES2, or EXS 24

etc.