Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 missing samples after migration and download

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by rainguitar, Aug 18, 2013.

1. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

I've recently changed computers using the setup assistant to migrate my files and programs from my old iMac to a MacBook Pro. Until today I thought that that migration had been 100 % successful. Then I noticed that almost all the bass patches from the Garageband instruments folder were missing. I checked the menu under additional content downloads and noticed that I was missing about 250 mb of Garageband samples. I download this and it now shows that I have all the content. The trouble is Logic still can't find the samples. It still shows them as missing. Where would they be?

Greg

3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Unless you can get hold of a copy of Redmatica's EXS Manager, your options may be more complicated. I have read that Logic uses Spotlight to keep track of sample files, and one way to solve such problems is to put the drive that contains the samples on a Private tab in Spotlight, and then take it off again to force Spotlight to re-index it. Worth a try, although I guess it could take some time depending how full the drive is!

4. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Do you have to old drive available? I would double check the sample locations on the old drive, and make sure they are in the same location on the new drive... and yea, digging around can take a bit of time.

Do you have any experience digging around a "Library" folder?

5. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

As it turned out, on the advice of an Apple logic expert, I did a complete re-install from the original disks. Now everything works fine.