Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Mixer page set

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by In bed with Kev, Jul 18, 2015.

1. In bed with Kev

In bed with Kev New Member

Anyone…?…If one has a like 30 or more tracks going and have to scroll around the mixer page to get to the track you want…..How do I disable the 'thing' (I can find no 'link') that makes the mixer page default to the track you have selected in the arrange page.

Basically, I want to work in my arrange page, leave what ever track is selected there, go to the mixer page, move around in that, go back to my arrange page and when I go back (again) to the mixer, it's where I left it.

It doesn't matter if the mixer page is set to single, track or all, the same problem persist.

This was a problem in logic 9 too but the work around was by using the environment and making a customised mixer page. I can do that in logic pro x too but it's not quite as good a work around as the environment is very 'buggy' in logic X.

Any thoughts ?

3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

If you are just interested in the mixer channel strip for the track you selected in the main edit page (formerly known as the arrange page), why not just use the channel strip in the inspector?
  4. In bed with Kev

In bed with Kev New Member

Thanks, I know about the channel strip in the main page but that's exactly I want to do more than just work on one channel at a time…for example… I want to go to the mixer page, maybe move around two or three aux channels, say reverb on drums, go back to the main page, edit something in the drum track, then go back to exactly where I was in the mixer page and re adjust said aux's… any thoughts ?
  5. EdgarRothermich

EdgarRothermich Senior member

I think this "Link Mode" is always enabled.
    Creating an Environment Window with the Channel Strips would be one (un-pretty) workaround. That one doesn't follow the Track selection.
  6. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

No, sorry, no ideas. Looks like there are link options but they don't include the mixer. I suppose you could use a mix of track colours, icons, and track folders/stacks to make the tracks easier to find, but it looks like they're going to be jumping around.
  7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Since you specifically mention navigating to the aux channels, there are options to select different track types in the Mixer local Edit menu that are independent of a Tracks area selection in the Main window.

Also, Mixer local View menu>Scroll To>Auxiliaries.

You have Mixer window options to Select or Scroll To different track types.