Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modes for Dragging Audio Objects

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by brunchman, Oct 13, 2013.

1. brunchman

brunchman New Member

In Logic Pro 9, I could click on an audio object in the arrange window, fully zoomed *out* and copy and drag it forward or back in the window (same or different track) and the object would assume the SAME location relative to a bar. (Ie. If the object started at 24.1.1, and I dragged it to the 45th bar, it would start at 45.1.1, whether or not it was overlapping with an other object).

When I try this exercise in LPX however, the newly created copy lines up to the end of the object before it, instead of copying the location of the original (in my example, it would drag to 44.4.2980 - instead of 45.1.1 - because the object in the previous bar doesn't end just before 45.1.1). Any suggestions on what settings need to be changed for me to get the previous behaviour?
  3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

The beginning of the file you drag abuts the end of the file to the left?

If you want the dragged region to line up with the bar line make sure:
    - Snap is set to Snap Regions to Absolute Value
    - Drag is not set to Shuffle L

This is the same as in Logic 9
  4. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

I'm having the same issue as the op. I have everything setup as cseye suggested, as I would in L9, but things are just not being out in the correct "relative" position after I drag or option drag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Just a quick update. I opened the same song I was working on yesterday and turned off the view guidelines and was able to drag things around normally. I then trine it back on again and could still drag things correctly. I'm wondering if this has to do with corrupt preferences and if so maybe deleting them will clear things up?
  6. Eli

Eli Senior member

The whole alignment guide thing seems buggy. I don't even get what it is supposed to be used for in the first place! Particularly in the Tracks Area.
  7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

My alignment guides are alway on, even when unchecked.:D
    Having said that, I do like the extra visual support to line things up. ;)

My relative or absolute snap functions work as expected with: the grid on or off, and the always on alignment guides.

It's a fairly new Maviricks clean install on a new hd here.