1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X More efficent use of the All Files Browser

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by sohosteve, Jun 14, 2016.

1. sohosteve

sohosteve Member

I often use the All Files section in the File Browser to add effects channels or audio files to new songs I'm working on from old songs and often find myself wandering down the exact same meandering file path every time

File Browser
    All files
    Mac OS
    My name
    Work in progress
    Clients name
    Song name

Could someone please tell me a way of adding the most visited folders to the top of the File Browser?
    That way I could start from 'Work in progress' or even the client who gets me doing this the most...!

3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

I don't understand why All Files is starting so high up in the hierarchy.

How about the three icons in the upper middle of the All Files window. They go to different places, all further down in the file system hierarchy.

Perhaps you could make the search shorter by a) putting your Work in progress folder in Home > Music or Home, or by putting an alias to the folder in whatever place comes up earliest when you open All files.
  4. sohosteve

sohosteve Member

Thanks bayswater - that will do it.
    I could have figured that out for myself if my brain was prone to freezing over when something momentarily rattles it!
  5. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

It's happy hour in my time zone. That always helps.
  6. sohosteve

sohosteve Member

That's the problem!
    I haven't had my daily fix of anti-freeze yet!