Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more vertical white lines in Main window for Flex editing

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by edurbrow, Jan 4, 2015.

1. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

I want more vertical white lines in the Main window for Flex editing. There are no subdivisions of the beat, so I have to eyeball it to place eighth and 16th notes. I put a quantized midi track above it as a guide, but they don't always correspond.
    Is there a way to get more vertical lines?
    Though one would expect it to, zooming does not do it.

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Pencil them in where needed in the Audio File Editor.
    If Flex is active, the Transient Editing Mode will be activated when opening this editor.

4. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Do you mean transient markers? I'm not talking about them. I mean the lines that show you where the beats are in the Main Window. The problem is finding exactly where an 8th or 16th is so I can drag a transient to that point. There are no guidelines.
    TIA

5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Zoom in on each region so that you can reference the subdivisions on the time ruler. The subdivisions are sort of sticky as you drag the flex markers.

You can do the same thing in the Audio Track editor.

6. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

I'm not seeing greater division lines than quarter note lines no matter how far I zoom in.

Attached Files:

7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Look at the time ruler.

The flex markers will tend to stick at the time ruler sub divisions when dragging them.

Logic doesn't have an Edit Grid or zoom-to-reveal-subdivisions functionality.

It's just a different way of working.

Attached Files:

8. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Thank you. It is good to know what exactly it can and can't do.