Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 MOTU MIDI Express 128 & Logic Pro

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Stephen Lugg, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Stephen Lugg

Stephen Lugg New Member

Hi

I'm new to Logic Pro & the Mac (previous PC & old Logic Audio user).

Does anyone use a MOTU MIDI Express 128 with Logic Pro and if so have you experienced any difficulties?

Given the flexibility of the 128 (8*8) does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives before I purchase one.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

3. Eddie Sullivan

Eddie Sullivan Senior member

MOTU Hardware

MOTU MIDI and Audio driver development, for all platforms, but especially for the Mac, is known for it's compatibility and stability. I've owned tons of MOTU hardware and have rarely had issues related to their drivers. I use an UltraLite now, which has audio and MIDI over Firewire and it's rock solid. You won't be sorry : )

4. mikesilence

mikesilence New Member

My Midi Express 128 works fine. :)

5. Stephen Lugg

Stephen Lugg New Member

Thanks for your responses - it will be on order today :)

6. dmajor100

dmajor100 New Member

Im actually planning on buying a motu midi express 128 myself and would like some insight on how to get this thing to work inside logic 9 express. Im basically working on my motu ultralight mk3 right now and seem to just do a external midi device and turn off my local on my motif and the seem to sync up and record audio fine. I have seen a lot of people on youtube about changing stuff in logics environment window and have no idea whats the purpose of this. Also how would logic read both my ultra light a midi express at the same time and control all my hardware at once?