1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 move automation in several tracks

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by edurbrow, Sep 5, 2011.

1. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Is there a way to select volume automation across several tracks (or even in one track) and then slide it to the left or right? I've inserted some measures and now the automation is off after that, but I can't find a way to select the points. The intuitive thing would be to draw a selection rectangle around the points and then shift drag them, but every time I click somewhere it creates a new point.
  3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

The shift key is used for selection, the option key for copying. You can only move the automation on one track this way.

If you group the tracks together and make sure the Automation button is selected, that will move all automation in the selected area of the grouped tracks.
  4. jonperl

jonperl Member

How did you insert the time? If you use the global editing options, automation should move automatically and correctly. I like to add these functions to my toolbar, but they can also be found under Arrange --> Edit -->Cut/Insert Time . . .

Cut-Insert Time options.jpg