1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Moved Computer - Something went wrong

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by LMPaule, Jul 15, 2016.

1. LMPaule

LMPaule Senior member

I moved my iMac from one room to another. This required unplugging my external hard drive with some Native Instrument libraries on it, but not my Logic loops which are on my internal hard drive. On putting everything back together, the external hard drive shows up and works will with other non Logic user files. However, when I open Logic it no longer shows any 3rd party libraries nor any Logic loops. Can you help me with the right steps to get Logic to see these again.

Thank you,

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Did you connect the external devices (hard drives) back in the same ports they used to be originally?
  4. LMPaule

LMPaule Senior member

Atlas, thanks for the idea. Previously, I was able to get everything working. I rebooted both the iMac and the external hard drive a few times and then just waited. It took quite a while to populate Logic Pro but, all looks there. I can't explain why it didn't work when I 1) rebooted the iMac, waited awhile and then 2) rebooted the external drive.
  5. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Usually, it is advisable (if possible) to turn the connected peripheric on before the computer, so the latter could be "aware" of its presence (and possibly load up the associated services).