1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 moved Logic to different computer, serial number not recognized

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by doofus, Aug 23, 2014.

1. doofus

doofus Member

I moved the hard drive containing Logic 9 to another computer, and when I tried to launch Logic, a window opened that asked for my name and the Logic 9 serial number. When I entered it, it said the number was not recognized. I tried three times, copying it very carefully from the sticker on the original paperwork, but it wouldn't work. I've migrated this drive before and didn't have this problem. Anyone know how to proceed?

In case it matters, it's a sideways move from one computer to another of the exact same model-as it was last time also.
  3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

Is your Logic 9 copy an upgrade from Logic 8? Mine is, and I had to enter the V8 serial first, then then 9 at a later point, or some other similar mental acrobatics. It was very confusing.
  4. doofus

doofus Member

well, I feel pretty dumb now..yes, it was an upgrade from 8, and I was using the serial number from 8 to try and get it to open. I realized that when-after reading your post-I tried to open 8 and managed to, by using that serial number. Then I found the paperwork that came with Logic 9 and got that to open as well.

thanks...what would I do without this place LOL