Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Moving a Take from a Track

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by gideonroberts, Jun 1, 2016.

1. gideonroberts

gideonroberts New Member

Hello! I'm new to the forum, and still basically a novice over all with editing in Logic.

As the title suggests, I'm trying to move a take from the track. Specifically, here is the issue I'm running into...

I have 15 takes of acoustic guitar for a track. Take 13 is what I want in a certain section, coming from Take 12. However, either by human error or by ghosts in my computer, the take that starts the part I want from take 13 is earlier than it should be in the track! Take 13 starts at measure 74, but I need it to start at measure 78. For the takes, all I see if the option to select which part of take 13 I want...but I actually want to scoot everything over 4 measures from Take 13.

How do I accomplish this?
  3. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

In the main track (next to the number) there are 3 dots. Click on this and it will change to a scissor. The take tracks can now be edited like non take track. Click the scissor to return to the 3 dots ( quick swipe comping)....
    Hope I understood your question correctly....

moving take folders'.gif
    Pete Thomas likes this.
  4. gideonroberts

gideonroberts New Member

YES! Thank you so much! You're the best.