Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Moving Logic 9 to a different iMac

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by joeromano, Apr 2, 2016.

1. joeromano

joeromano New Member

I have been using Logic 9 to do a project Mac/Snow Leopard. Recently had to move to a different iMac, 10.9.5/. I had originally upgraded from Logic 8. When I try to load logic onto the new Mac, it asks for a serial number and directed me where to fine it. When I enter the number it says the number is incorrect and asks me for an original serial number or an SX key. Don't know what an SXkey is. Are they asking for the serial number from my original Logic 8?
  3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

I recall having this problem. Seems to me the problem was that Logic 9 wanted two serial numbers: the original V8 SN and the V9 SN, presumably because I didn't have a full license for V9, just an upgrade from V8. The confusion was that the installer and authorization process asked for the two numbers in the wrong order.
  4. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

The XS Key was the hardware copy protection system used in Logic 5, 6 and 7.

Yes. If you have a Logic 9 upgrade, as opposed to a full version, the installer wants proof of that.

kind regards

5. joeromano

joeromano New Member

Thanks. I found the original Serial # and that worked. New problem. The new computer is running Maverick 10.9.5. The installation disc quits a few minutes before the installation is complete. I have heard there is a problem with Logic 9 and Maverick. Is that true, and if so, any suggestions on how to load this software onto my computer? Thanks in advance.