Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Multiple crossfades

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by tonocas, Feb 11, 2012.

1. tonocas

tonocas Member

I'd like to know if it is possible to do multiple crossfades...lets say...all drum tracks after cutting and editing.
    Thanks

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Yes. You need to select all the regions you want to apply the fades to. And then adjust numerically from the fade parameters in the Region Inspector.

4. tonocas

tonocas Member

Baut you have to do it one by one, not all at the same time

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

No, you can do them all together. If you select multiple regions, you can adjust them all at once from the fade in and fade out fields in the region parameters at the top of the Inspector on the left. Try it, you'll see.....

6. tonocas

tonocas Member

Do I have to draw the crossfade between the regions one by one first or just by drawing one crossfade and choosing the others, will do the job?
    Thanks again

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

You don't "draw" anything. What you do is select multiple regions that you want the fades applied to. Then in the region inspector box, enter values numerically in the fade field and it will be applied to all the selected regions.

So, in your case, set the fade field to X crossfade instead of fade in or fade out; and enter the numerical value there. And it will be applied to all the selected regions.

Here's is a screen shot showing a small example.

Attached Files:

8. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

FWIW I find I get a more natural sounding transition with the "equal-power" fade rather than the X-fade.

9. tonocas

tonocas Member

Thanks, its works perfect, by the way, is there a method to lower the volume off ALL tracks after they have been automized?
    Thanks for your help

10. Eli

Eli Senior member

Yeah - I agree; equal power fades generally sound smoother.

WRT lowering all volumes together, there's no simple answer. Although lots of semi simple ones :)

Easiest way is to output all the tracks to an unused bus and then use the Aux to boost or attenuate the volume equally for all tracks being fed into it

Another way is to put in a gain plug-in; set the amount of boost or cut; then copy it to all the desired channel strips.

11. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Eli, is there a way to copy plug-ins between channel strips other than the Copy and Paste Channel Strip Settings menu? In Pro Tools you can just Option-drag a plug-in to another track, and I often want to do this in Logic, but end up doing it the long way so I don't lose all my other plug-ins and settings on the target channel strip.

12. Eli

Eli Senior member

Absolutely!! Just use the command key to drag a plug-in from one insert to another or one channel strip to another. And add the Option key along with the command key in order to copy it.

13. tonocas

tonocas Member

Thank you again... simple way to copy one plugin to all other tracks ?

14. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Thanks Eli, you've substantially reduced the amount of cursing in my world.