1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Multitimbral MIDI Setup w/External Synth in OSX

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by bildad, May 1, 2010.

1. bildad

bildad New Member

HI,
    I'm using a Focusrite Saffire firewire audio interface and an Alesis QS7 on a Power MAc G5 running OSX 10.5.8, and the MIDI in & out are run through the interface. I have connected the synth through the digital out (optical to a converter to coax) into the SPDIF input (I could also put the synth into the second of 2 audio inputs if necessary). In Logic Express 8, I want to use the QS as a multitimbral MIDI controller (MIDI channels 1-16) using the QS sounds as well as using it to play software instruments. In my old Cubase/M-audio Delta 66/Omni I/O system, this was a breeze, but in Logic, after I set up 16 MIDI channels, I can't hear the internal sounds from the synth. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks,
    Bildad
    Power Mac G5

3. bildad

bildad New Member

Missing Alesis Multi Set in Environments

Actually, after some research, I found a tutorial that helped a little at http://en.wikiaudio.org/Logic:_External_MIDI_device_track_setup_(environment). It says I should be able to find a map for the QS7 in environments/Various Multi Sets, and presumably, that should enable me to use its multitimbral capabilities. When I pull down the menu in the upper left corner of the window, I see Global, etc., but no specific synth models are listed. Is there somewhere I can download the original Multi Sets? The example was in Logic Pro ... I would think that a similar feature is included in Express 8. Does anyone know? Can anyone help me?