Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mute and Solo buttons

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Jay Denson, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

I have said before that it would be good if you could alt click Mutes with the same functionality as alt click Solos. Maybe LPX has this? I use LP9 at the moment.

Also, I see from LPX demos that the Mute and Solo buttons have been moved to below the fader meter. This is as it should be. So why not make them bigger? Big as the buttons on a decent recording console. If you total up the time wasted in a day achieving mouse accuracy to hit these buttons you would probably be very surprised.

They could also make the scribble strip deeper to accomodate more detailed legends.

Food for thought.

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Shift-Option-click toggle all Solo buttons. Command-clicking does the same on the Mute buttons. AFAIK, there are no Alt keys on Macs...

Getting used to Key commands (M for mute and S for solo) could come handy

Have you considered using the Track notes?

Thanx for your input!
  4. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Yes. You can do this with Mute and Solo on the tracks as well as in the mixer.

I think they are big enough now:

Aditionally, in Logic X you can make the channelstrips a little wider and the buttons grow to fill the space.

Well, there is not much difference between Option and Alternate and since about ten years the Mac keyboards are also labelled with "alt".
  5. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

You probably meant "since about ten years the Mac keyboards are no longer labelled with "alt"...
  6. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

I have a brand new Logitech 760 keyboard designed for a Mac. The Option key is labelled Alt.

7. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Aaah! That explains the misunderstanding...:D