Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mute stack incomplete

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by peterlemer, Jun 10, 2014.

1. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

I have a keyboard stack which, when muted, doesn't mute a contained track. Why might this be?

pete

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

What kind of track stack is it? A Summing Stack or a Folder Stack? If it is a Folder Stack, it's possible the output of the track that is not muting is not routed to a shared output. Are there regions on the track that is not muting?

4. paulnajar

paulnajar Senior member

I had the same issue recently. I flattened the stack and recreated it and that fixed it.

It may be a bug. I reported to apple at the time.

5. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Hi Eli, it's a Summing Stack

pete

6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hmmm, it does sound like a bug then. I haven't ben using track stacks much lately, so can't say if it's a bug associated with the latest update or not....

7. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

thanks Paul

8. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Eli: if you've stopped using track stacks, why? and have you developed an alternative?

pete

9. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hey Peter,

Good question. I haven't stopped using track stacks. I just haven't been doing any projects lately where I've needed to use them much. And even when I do, it's been mostly in the basic way (layering a few different sounds).

10. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

I'm falling in love with with a caveat: I have this rather large project with lots of tracks and lots of takes.

I was hearing the lead singer where no region existed, nor were there any Melodyne blobs. I searched my stacks withut success. It took a long time before I found it, inside a 'hidden' violin stack. My mistake, of course, but wouldn't it be loverly to have a single command to open all stacks with a single command?

pete

11. Eli

Eli Senior member

I'm not in front of Logic at the moment, but I think you can Option click on the disclosure triangle to open them all at once? Or is it shift?