1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My newly revamped website is up.

Discussion in 'The LUG Lounge' started by Jay Asher, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

My newly revamped website is up and I am really pleased with it. Check it out.

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations, Jay! The design is very smart, I like the colour scheme and structure.

I have one criticism, hope you don't mind:

I looked at your site using firefox running on a 15" PC Laptop with a screen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixel. The elements "Jay Asher composer and Author", the menu, the photo (very nice one BTW) filled the screen to such an extent that clicking any of the menu links Home, News, Biography etc, I initially didn't see any change whatsoever, until it occurred to me to scroll down.

I wonder if these elements need to be a little smaller, or perhaps not take up quite as much vertical space?

kind regards

Mark

4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hey Jay - congratulations! The site looks very nicely put together. Great job!!

5. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

Thanks Mark, I will pass that on. Is it however not true for i.e. Bear McCreary's site, John Debney's, etc.?

6. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Hi Jay

I just had a look. http://www.bearmccreary.com/ and http://www.johndebney.com/ The obvious difference is, in both cases, the navigation is to the left, content then appears to the right, without having to scroll.

I must say though, apart from this one (maybe small) thing, your site looks very well designed to me.

kind regards

Mark

7. David51

David51 Senior member

Jay, well done, and my shaky finger on the Mighty Mouse got me down without me thinking about it,but not every one has mouse index finger syndrom so they might miss some.

Looks very easy to use and I went to Amazon and had a quick look inside-IMpressive man, I will probably need to get one.

8. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

Thanks David.