1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 "My Templates" - where are they stored?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by dcer10, Oct 19, 2009.

1. dcer10

dcer10 New Member

Does anyone know of an easy way to manage the "My Templates" popup? I like to create templates, but sometimes want to delete them too. For the life of me I can not find where they are stored. Whats the standard approach to getting rid of unwanted ones?

Mac OSX 10.6.1
    Logic 9.0.1

Thanks in advance!

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

You need to get rid of these manually from within the Finder. It would be nice if Logic offered us the possibility of deleting templates from within Logic itself, but it doesn't at this point.

Go to:

User ---> Library ---> Application Support ---> Logic ---> Project Templates

You will find your templates there and can delete them by dragging them to the trash.
  4. dcer10

dcer10 New Member

Thanks for the reply.

I had found the preset logic templates there, but none of the "My Templates" seem to be stored there. Also, when searching for my own user created templates in finder by using their names they do not appear.

Am I missing something simple here?
  5. Eli

Eli Senior member

You're looking in the global Library folder. That's where the factory templates and settings are stored. You need to look in the _USER_ Library folder.
  6. dcer10

dcer10 New Member

Excellent, that solved my issue. Thanks.
  7. alienimplant

alienimplant Senior member

Agreed; this is an annoying omission in Logic.
  8. badsneakers88

badsneakers88 New Member

me too...thanks