Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 My vocal tracks are on one channel!

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Andrew Talbert, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Andrew Talbert

Andrew Talbert New Member

Hello! I am a new user so here goes...I am using Logic Pro 9. I have a new iMac. I am using a Presonus Firestudio Project and Presonus Studio Channel.
    They are tethered to my mac using firewire. I am using an AKG cs1000 microphone plugged into my Firestudio project.

The problem is when I record a vocal track in Logic I can hear the track in stereo on my monitors or headphones if I cut the monitors off. When I watch real time on the screen it appears to be recording above and below the line on the screen. When I stop Logic writes the track to the top of the line and the replay only comes from the right channel! Help I need a stereo track! :brkwl:

Any ideas? Thanks!

Andrew

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Sounds like you are recording a mono signal onto a stereo track. So only one side is being captured.

The solution is to record onto a mono track. A single microphone is a mono source, you aren't using two physical inputs on your I/O so you don't need to record it to a stereo track.

4. Andrew Talbert

So my question would be tell me how to set the settings to pull this off...thanks for your help!

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Call up the "new tracks" window by pressing the + button at the top of the track headers. Then choose a mono audio track.

Attached Files:

6. Andrew Talbert

Hey I just tried that! Dude. YOU ROCK. It is working. THANKS.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Hey Andrew. Please do yourself a favor and rent or buy Eli's excellent tutorials at groove3.com. It's money well spent. It got me up and running in Logic quickly and I use it to make my living. Good luck!